.... so Im back. From a seriously long break. All I can say, is that multiple cups of tea were consumed. Acutally, I did also have to go back to New Zealand under threat of deportation (not really! I left before they got me!) But I'm sure there are English people everywhere cheering my successful application for another UK work visa. So yes, I am back, just in time to witness the great British summer (hold your sniggers. Today was actually quite nice.).
I do have some sewed goods to show you. Not much, mind, and not right away, but they are coming soon.
What's worse though, is that while I was away, Jeyco from I'm liking it, actually passed on the versatile bloggers award to me. If you haven't seen Jeyco's blog, you should. The woman has mad skillz.. For example, this, my favourite Jeyco-creation, this Azzedine Alaia inspired dress,. Man oh man! She also has a whole-load of pattern drafting resources on her blog. Go check it out.
Anyway, I supposed to tell you all 7 (yes 7!) things about myself, that you might not otherwise know. Bit awkward, but here we go:
1. I have a masters in Social Anthropology. I do not use it in my day to day job, and sometimes (often) feel quite sad about it.
2. I really like country music. But I do not like Kenny Rogers. I have very strong feelings about this. I don't mind Willie Nelson, and I looooove Dolly Parton.
3. In our house, we are addicated to 3 things: Al Jazeera (sorry BBC, we tried), the London Review of Books (the cause of some squabbling over who gets to read first) and home-made bread ( this one might just be me).
4. If I had any say in the matter, I would live my life according to the tides and go swimming in the sea every day. This is total fantasy, not least because I live in England. It's important to have things to aspire to though.
5. I get scared by the sudden boughts of royal fever that overcome this country. I guess I'm a republican, but mostly I don't think any old lady should be made to stand for hours in the cold and pretend to be excited by boats going up a river. No matter how many adjectives (Glorious!Fabulous!Wonderful!) BBC commentators string together. Does this also make me a grouch?
6. I spent a year of my life working as a telemarketer (don't hate me! Everyone has to eat!). So when people say things, like "telemarketers are the scum of the earth, I hope they all die in a freak karmic accident", I feel compelled to defend "my people".
7. I still don't own a hairdryer.
Now I'm meant to pass this award on but I'm not too sure who has & who hasn't been passed this blog award before..so I'm just going to list some blogs I enjoy & if you've already been and done the whole award thing, thats cool, I just happen to think you're pretty awesome :)
Juliet from the Crazy Gypsy Chronicles
Sigrid from Analog Me
Kathryn from Yes I like That
Katy from Ms Modiste
Catherine from Cyberdaze
Carolyn from Handmade by Carolyn
Solvi from Delfinelise
Beangirl from Beangirl